[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Resource adaptor and clustered connection factories (wit

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 16 11:41:38 EDT 2008

"sameuh" wrote : Yes but the problem is that the connections in the pool are reused.

  | For example, if I open and close a connection 3 times in my bean code. The same connection will be reused the 3 times and then not roundrobined ...

This is a feature of the jboss jca pool under low load.
It tries to minimize the number of open connections to reduce resources
by reusing connections on an MRU (most recently used) basis.

This allows it to more easily spot when it can close "idle" - i.e. unnecessary connections
in the pool for the load.

If your usage of the connections are not overlapping then there is no need for it
to create more than one connection in the pool.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151456#4151456

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151456