[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: XA Recovery of messages sent to a Topic

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 16 13:03:33 EDT 2008

"mmusgrov" wrote :
  | This is a problem for TM recovery since the XAResource a for temporary topic queue does not return XAResource.XA_RDONLY for the prepare phase. Thus when the TM calls recover on the resource no xids are returned and hence the transaction can never be recovered.

I don't understand this? If JBossMQ doesn't return the XID then the TM
must assume it was committed.

anonymous wrote :
  | Could anyone hazzard a guess as to how much effort would be involved in resolving this issue.

It would however be a good optimization to return read only in this case.
(Read Only i s an optimization which is why the behaviour you describe is not a bug).

The PersistenceManager knows whether
it wrote anything to the transaction log (database).
i.e. it could do org.jboss.mq.pm.Tx.checkPersisted()
but unfortunately the ServerIL has no way to return this information to the client.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151501#4151501

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151501