[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - problem persisting jBPM process instance

alex_enache do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 19 05:40:22 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

I have a problem persisting a process instance using hibernate. Here is the scenario:
- I had a project based on jBPM, created on seam 4.0; when persisting a process instance there were no problems
- in the meantime I changed the project structure to work on seam 4.2; and now I get error when persisting the process instance; below is the error:
12:35:10,017 ERROR [STDERR] org.hibernate.MappingException: An AnnotationConfiguration instance is required to use <mapping class="ro.fii.projectmanager.model.Flow"/>
  |         at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseMappingElement(Configuration.java:1600)

and here is the code that is used to persist the process instance:
        JbpmConfiguration jbpmConfig = null;
  |         JbpmContext jbpmContext = null;
  |         try {
  |             jbpmConfig = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance();
  |             jbpmContext = jbpmConfig.createJbpmContext();
  |             ProcessDefinition pd = ProcessDefinition.parseXmlString(
  |                     "<process-definition name=\"pd-name\">" +
  |                     "  <start-state>" +
  |                     "    <transition to='s' />" +
  |                     "  </start-state>" +
  |                     "  <state name='s'>" +
  |                     "    <transition to='end' />" +
  |                     "  </state>" +
  |                     "  <end-state name='end' />" +
  |                     "</process-definition>");
  |             ProcessInstance processInstance = new ProcessInstance(pd);
  |             jbpmContext.save(processInstance);
  |         }
  |         catch(Exception e) {
  |             e.printStackTrace();
  |         }
  |         finally {
  |             if (jbpmContext!=null) {
  |                 jbpmContext.close();
  |             }
  |         }

Even stranger is that when I comment my classes from hibernate.cfg.xml and then try to persist again the process definition I don't get any errors, but the first time it wants to persist the process instance, all the classes from hibernate.cfg.xml are re-mapped and then the process instance is saved.

I don't know exactly what to ask from you. If anyone has any suggestion they are more than welcomed. Thanks!

Alex

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151700#4151700

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151700