[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: HA-JNDI server side problem

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 20 18:29:52 EDT 2008

Your English is fine; if you hadn't apologized for it I'd have figured you were a native speaker. :)

"wecucho" wrote :
  | and i am calling this method from the action of the button this way:
  |
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   |
  |   | JMQueuesUtils.getMasterNodeFromCluster(10, "192.168.5.63:1100");
  |   |
  |   |

Where does this "192.168.5.63" value come from?  Does your app somehow know the IP addresses of the cluster members?

If so, change it to use regular JNDI (1099) not HA-JNDI:

  | JMQueuesUtils.getMasterNodeFromCluster(10, "192.168.5.63:1099");

It sounds like what you want is a regular JNDI lookup of a particular node. You don't want HA; i.e. if that node isn't able to respond you don't want to connect to some other node.  If you use HA, you can't control what node it's going to do the lookup on; it will either try to optimize locally or will load balance, neither of which gives you the guaranteed answer I *think* you want.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152158#4152158

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152158