[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss Hot Deploy

dsal3034 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 20 22:15:36 EDT 2008

I use jboss with eclipse and would highly recommend using the exploded war format for deploying during development.

So eclipse does all the compile/building for you, and changes I make to any jsp, java file in either the war or ejb are deployed instantly (no wait time at all). Plus no ant scripts for building or deployment at all!

I have 2 projects 1 war, 1 ejb. Each project has a folder called 'deploy' with explode war/jar directories under them.

I configure jboss to use these folders as additional deploy directories.

I configure eclipse to compile all classes in the exploded war to WEB-INF/classes directory, and all classes in the exploded jar to its root (myejb.jar).

That's it, you are basically working with your deployed files.

dsal

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152180#4152180

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152180