[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBOSS portal interaction with MYSQL

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 22 11:00:16 EDT 2008

4) Most of the data for the database comes from the portlet.xml, portlet-instances.xml and *-object.xml files scattered throughout jboss-portal.sar. Other parts of the data are scattered here and there, many in Hibernate initialization files. (Yes, the Portal uses Hibernate)

5) Themes and layouts (I assume you mean css files) remain on disk. Other changes, such as adding pages or adding portlets to pages are stored in the database.

6) Two possibilities. For MySQL, you can run a dump to extract the whole database and then load the new database with that dump. The second possibility is that you only ever change the *.xml files I mentioned in #4  to configure your portal. I recommend this approach if you are developing a portal at one location and will deploy it to production elsewhere.  See my JBossWorld presentation at http://jbossworld.com/downloads/presentations/ (scroll down to Friday)  I also have some more detailed information regarding this, but it is not free - if you like I can post the URL.

7) In the database. You can also define them in *-object.xml (see conf/data/default-object.xml for examples).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152732#4152732

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152732