[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - SpyJMSException: No pong received

ssathya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 23 11:26:34 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am using JBoss4.2.2 GA. This is my scenario. I have configured a queue in one of the servers (a HA queue in deploy-hasingleton folder). I start many nodes in the cluster, each listening on the HA queue. ( I lookup the queue via HA JNDI). Now when the node servers start and start listening for messages, they always end up in the following exception stack trace.

  | org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: No pong received; - nested throwable: (java.io.IOException: ping timeout.)
  |     at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1323)
  |     at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ClockDaemon$RunLoop.run(ClockDaemon.java:364)
  |     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
  | Caused by: java.io.IOException: ping timeout.

I read through this link http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/IGetIOExceptionPingTimeoutHowDoIFixIt
which didn't help much.

The following are some points about my configuration
1. I am posting as much as 100-1000 messages in to the queue
2. The messages are object messages
3. Subscription is durable

One more point about this is when I start one server which hosts the queue (or rather where I'd configured the HQ queue), the listener in it doesn't seem to have any problems. Only the consumers in the nodes that start thereafter seem to have this problem. My requiement is to definitely have the messages split across servers in a round robin fashion.

Any pointers/reference will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sathya

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153007#4153007

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153007