[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jnp/server/NamingSe

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 23 11:48:51 EDT 2008

Even swing clients have command lines.

Are you running on Windows? If so, get the listdlls utility from sysinternals () )and run it:

listdlls java

or

listdlls javaw

That will tell you the command line used to run the app. Unless someone has implemented their own executable that loads the JVM, in which case the typical command line options are hidden in the executable (I hate it when that happens, extremely frustrating to reconfigure if the person who wrote the executable made invalid assumptions about the hardware on which I am running the app.)

How do you go about setting the classpath for the app? Does it get it from CLASSPATH env var? If so, post that.

These two statements confuse me:

anonymous wrote : I can see the Nameservice Port with a portscanner.
  | But in the JMX Console i see the naming service started on the
  | expected port.

Is there a "not" missing somewhere? Also, what is in the jndi.properties file?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153015#4153015

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153015