[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: PLEASE DO NOT POST JBOSS MQ QUESTIONS HERE

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 23 18:51:43 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : an someone provide a one-liner pointing out the *differences*:

In a single but big:

"JBoss MQ (JBMQ)is our legacy implementation of JMS. It exists because there are still production systems using it, and JBoss is obligated to provide support for its users/customers, while JBoss Messaging (JBM) is our new implementation, where we are doing the new features, development and enhancements. JBM is under constant renovation and active development. If you look at our dev forums you will see a lot of activity going on."

Some more information:

JBMQ can *probably* still accept new features or enhancements if users contribute good code without breaking compatibility, but JBoss MQ by it's by definition now is maintenance state only.

JBMQ is the default JMS provider on JBAS 4.0.5 and 4.2.0.

We support replacing JBMQ by JBM as we state on the documentation.

JBM is also the default JMS provider at EAP 4.3, and it is already default on JBoss 5.

I hope this answers your questions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153109#4153109

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153109