[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Bean Managed Transaction: No JTA transaction found

rituraj_tiwari do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 25 04:19:46 EDT 2008

An update on this issue:
I moved the entity manager creation code inside my worker thread so as to skirt any issues with transactions being threadlocal etc. I stilll cannot find a way to get a JTA transaction:

  |     InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
  |     EntityManagerFactory emf = (EntityManagerFactory)ctx.lookup( "java:/MyProjectEntityManagerFactory" );
  |
  |     UserTransaction ut = (UserTransaction)ctx.lookup( "java:comp/UserTransaction" );

I am able to get a hold of valid objects. Still, I get the same messages about no JTA transactions being found. Of course, any persistent operations I do get queued up and don't get written to the database.

Is this a known bug in JBoss' EJB3 or Hibernate layers?

I have been hammering on this problem for three days non-stop. Any help from someone out there will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
-Raj

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153200#4153200

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153200