[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Bean Managed Transaction: No JTA transaction found

rituraj_tiwari do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 25 14:33:56 EDT 2008

Andrew,
This is the best thing I have heard all week!!

Of course, I would look at my logs and everytime I created the entity manager from my entitymanager factory it would say that there was no active JTA transaction to join.

Now I have flipped the order of processing:
- I first create the UserTransaction and begin() is
- Only then do I ask the entity manager factory for an entity manager.

This makes my stuff work.

This does beg the question: Is it a requirement that I create an entity manager only after a user transaction has been started? Shouldn't my entity manager be able to latch onto a user transaction that gets started later?

Let me know if this sounds like bug material to you.

You just saved me a lot of anguish here. If you are in the SF bay area, drop me a line. I will happily buy you a beer!

-Raj

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153238#4153238

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153238