[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Bean Managed Transaction: No JTA transaction found

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 25 18:56:33 EDT 2008

"rituraj_tiwari" wrote : Let me know if this sounds like bug material to you.

No, works as I would infer from:

"EJB3 Persistence Spec 5.5.1" wrote : A JTA entity manager participates in the current JTA transaction, which is begun and committed external to the entity manager and propagated to the underlying resource manager.

My interpretation would stipulate that the EM would have to be created in the presence of a JTA Transaction, hence my educated guess earlier.

JBoss EJB3 delegates these operations out to the JPA Persistence Provider, in our case, Hibernate EM.  So if you've got more detailed questions I'd ask over on the Hibernate forums.

"rituraj_tiwari" wrote : You just saved me a lot of anguish here. If you are in the SF bay area, drop me a line. I will happily buy you a  beer!

Just was there last month, actually.  :)  Beautiful area.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153245#4153245

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153245