[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: error when trying to add 'gender' field to user profile

csagar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 26 06:14:56 EDT 2008

hi attrar,
i was able to add the gender field in the user profile. but i was wondering where the value in the field gets stored. because i checked my database and there isn't any field gender in the jboss_user table. So where is this value stored ??

this is the entry in profile-config.xml

< property>
      < name>user.gender< /name>
      < type>java.lang.String< /type>
      < access-mode>read-write< /access-mode>
      < usage>mandatory< /usage>
      < display-name xml:lang="en">Gender< /display-name>
      < description xml:lang="en">The gender< /description>
      < mapping>
         < database>
            < type>dynamic< /type>
            < value>user.gender< /value>
         < /database>
      < /mapping>
   < /property>

in the < database> element < type> is defined as dynamic......so where is the value stored actually? is it possible to create our own table and store the value in that table ???

thnx in adv :]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153309#4153309

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153309