[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: How to configure multiple instances/nodes/domains?

pkostic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 26 15:52:15 EDT 2008

Thank you.
I have a couple of questions regarding what I've read.

1) I'm going to work with alternate ports.  I installed EAP using a graphic installer and I can not find /conf/deploy/binding-service.xml file in any selected configuration dir (all, defautl, production, minimal). Please read the paragraph at the bottom, would it be a mistyped error regarding jboss.service.xml?
2) The 4446 port bug is just for JBoss 402 version?

Regards.

    * If you installed JBoss using the installer, firstly, make sure you selected the "binding-service" package from the JMX group and then, open /conf/deploy/binding-service.xml file in the selected configuration and modify the "Service Binding" section as explained in the previous paragraph.
    * See $JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/binding-manager/sample-bindings.xml "ports-default" entries for all jboss port properties. default-bindings.xml provides a quick view of jboss-4.0.2 default port settings, but it may not reflect your installation's port settings.
    * NOTE: JBoss AS 4.0.2 has a known bug : one of the ports (4446) is not included in the sample-bindings.xml file and therefore will continue to conflict even after selecting an alternate port configuration in your jboss-service.xml. To fix this simply select an alternate port (something other than 4446 that is not being used) in cluster-service.xml configuration (obviously not necessary if you are not using the ALL configuration with clustering support). This bug is being fixed in our next release.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153442#4153442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153442