[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: How to configure multiple instances/nodes/domains?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 26 22:47:20 EDT 2008

I recommend you avoid the graphical installer whenever possible. Many people have complained about problems with that installer, and when they switched to using the binary zip then things started working. (I should point out that the graphical installer that has the problems is the one that came with the 4.0.x public releases; the installer for EAP is vastly different - as far as I can tell, it places the same files on your system as unzipping the binary, and then adds things to the Start menu (or its equivalent if you are using KDE on Linux).)

You can find a sample bindings file at docs/examples/binding-manager/sample-binding.xml. You need to copy that file to server/xxx/deploy.

Where did you get that text? It appears that the text is for 4.0.2, which is about 4 or 5 years old now. Every release the ports change, and thus so does the sample-bindins.xml file (my group has tracked that very closely). We have not noticed any issues with the sample-binding.xml file that comes with EAP 4.2 (we have not tried EAP 4.3).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153465#4153465

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153465