[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: EntityManager throws a nullpointerexception JBOSS 4.2.2G

July Pyrra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 27 04:17:09 EDT 2008

Thank you! It seems to work now! At least I don't get the NullPointerException anymore so the injection worked.

To close the subject, here is my code with the lookup

  | package ws.process;
  |
  | import bd.query.Query;
  | import datamodel.DAO.SystemUser;
  |
  | public class Authentication {
  |
  | 	public void authenticate(){
  |              Context context = new InitialContext();
  |              QueryInt bean = (QueryInt) context.lookup("Query/local");
  |              SystemUser _SystemUser = bean.AuthenticateUser("julie","1234");
  |
  |              System.out.println(SystemUser.getId());
  |              }
  | }
  |

  | package bd.query;
  |
  | import java.util.List;
  | import datamodel.DAO.SystemUser;
  |
  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  | import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
  | import javax.persistence.PersistenceContext;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | public class Query implements QueryInt{
  |
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  | 	EntityManager em;
  |
  | 	public SystemUser AuthenticateUser(String uid, String pwd){
  | 		SystemUser _SystemUser = (SystemUser) em.createQuery("select a.systemUser from Account ").getSingleResult();
  | 		return _SystemUser;
  |
  | 	}
  | }
  |

  | package bd.query;
  |
  | import datamodel.DAO.SystemUser;
  | import javax.ejb.Local;
  |
  | @Local
  | public interface QueryInt {
  | public abstract SystemUser AuthenticateUser(String uid, String pwd);
  | }

and a very simple persistence.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <persistence>
  |
  | 	<persistence-unit name="Nuadu">
  | 		<provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
  | 		<jta-data-source>java:/cuoreds</jta-data-source>
  | 	</persistence-unit>
  |
  | </persistence>

Thanks again!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153492#4153492