[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Eclipse + JBoss Debug Mode issue

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 27 10:49:48 EDT 2008

"nameghino" wrote :
  | I also checked run.bat for a line like the one you posted, but there's only one, and it's commented.
  |
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | rem JPDA options. Uncomment and modify as appropriate to enable remote debugging.
  |   | rem set JAVA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y %JAVA_OPTS%
  |   |

In that case, i am not sure how the server is started in debug mode. Probably the IDE picks up some other configuration file for starting JBoss?

"nameghino" wrote :
  | And no, what I'm trying to debug is the application running on the server, after it's been deployed.

So, as mentioned in one of my earlier replies, you can attach the debugger to the server "after" the application has been deployed. This way you don't run into this issue (which you mention happens "during" application deployment).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153652#4153652

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153652