[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Anonymous beans

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 28 17:07:53 EDT 2008

In my deployment, I want to be able to programmatically build a BeanMetaData, which represents a bean that should be injected into the property of another bean.

However I hit a problem that I probably won't be able to explain properly, but here goes:

First of all, the container is giving an error if the nested bean doesn't have a name.  I don't see why it needs a name though, since it's only referenced by the outer bean?

Second, the nested bean doesn't appear on the deployment, so even if the nested bean has a name, the deployment still fails with a "CONTEXTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES" message.

Basically I'm trying to programmatically replicate this kind of structure:

  | <bean name="TheOuterBean" class="...">
  |     <property name="prop">
  |         <bean class="some.inner.Bean"/>
  |     </property>