[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: -b 0.0.0.0 is behaving one way on Test machine and anoth

rdaly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 30 11:12:55 EDT 2008

PeterJ:

1.  If I ping the servers, I get their correct IP addresses.

2.  Tried adding -Djava.rmi.server.hostname.  Unfortunately, same results.  Clients receive a serverLocatorURI of 127.0.0.1.

3.  Yes, I do know that -b and jboss.bind.address are supposed to be the same.  Unfortunately I could not get my test machine working with only one of them?!?!  When I use 0.0.0.0, the ports are exposed to remote clients, but the clients have a serverLocatorURI of 127.0.0.1.  So, the remote clients try to contact the local machine instead of the remote machine.  On the other hand, when I use test.server.com, the ports are blocked for remote connections.

I even tried hard-coding the serverBindAddress in the remoting*service.xml files, instead of using ${jboss.bind.address}.  This only served in blocking the ports from remote clients again.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Martin:

1.  Tried your suggestion before posting.  Tried again just now for due-diligence.  This opens the ports, but clients have a serverLocatorURI of 127.0.0.1.

2.  Tried the hostname command.  I received the expected server names.

Thank you for your help.

Rich

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4154687#4154687

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4154687