[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portlet Caches Expiration Doesn't appear to work...

analyzediz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 3 09:34:22 EST 2008

In the JSP that I use to render the portlet's content, it appears that the portal caches the generated JSP. The portlet is used to provide a customized search functionality, so if the user refreshes the page, it should display the default state of the search form and not the previous search results.

I have tried to set the expiration cache value in the portlet.xml file for my portlet as such:

<expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache>

( By the way the JSR 286 spec states 0 should be the default value for the expiration-cache value...see PLT.22.1 Expiration Cache)

I have also tried to programatically expire the cache using the following code snippet in my doView() method, as such:

response.setProperty( RenderResponse.EXPIRATION_CACHE, "0" );

It is most certainly a caching problem, because it I wait for a significant amount of time and I refresh the portal page, the cached JSP is refreshed to the default state.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is there a known bug that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any input that can be provided

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186404#4186404

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186404