[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: How does JBoss handle Local and Remote interfaces

rafaelcba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 4 07:29:38 EST 2008

Hi All!

Is possible force Call-By-Value on local invocations made cross EARs with isolated class loaders deployed on same JBoss?

I have that scenario:

Two EARs deployed on same JBoss AS:
App1.ear
 - META-INF (descriptors)
 - lib/lib.jar (ClassA.class)
 - EJB.jar (MyBean1)

App2.ear
 - META-INF (descriptors)
 - lib/lib.jar (ClassA.class)
 - EJB.jar (MyBean2)

MyBean 1 make a local invocation to MyBean2 passing a intance of ClassA.class. When MyBean2 handle this invocation it throw a ClassCastException... Because ClassA passed by MyBean1 has other ClassLoader...

I read at JBossWiki [1] that is possible force CallByValue on JBoss invocatios:

  |  <!-- EAR deployer, remove if you are not using Web layers -->
  |  <mbean code="org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer" name="jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployer">
  |  <!-- Isolate all ears in their own classloader space -->
  |  <attribute name="Isolated">true</attribute>
  |  <!-- Enforce call by value to all remote interfaces -->
  |  <attribute name="CallByValue">true</attribute>
  |  </mbean>

But don't work for local invocations.

When this conf (true) make cense on JBoss???

[1] https://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-9288

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186664#4186664

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186664