[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Comparison to ActiveMQ

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 4 14:06:25 EST 2008

anonymous wrote : - Virtual destinations. See http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html. Messages sent to single destination are copied, filtered, and routed to multiple destinations.

we don't virtual destinations but we do support wildcard routing in JBM 2.0. i.e. if you send a message to topic.* the message will get routed to topic.A, topic.B etc.

anonymous wrote : - Composite destinations. See http://activemq.apache.org/composite-destinations.html. A comma-separated list of destination names are treated like a single destination.

no we don't support this at present.

anonymous wrote : - Destinations created on demand. See http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html. Similar to temporary queues, we have permanent queues that are created on the fly for communication with a remote process.

both JBM 1.4 and JBM 2 have a management API for creating destinations on the fly.

If theres anything specific you need feel free to raise a JIRA, we can#t promise to add functionality but if its a value add on it may get done.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186800#4186800

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186800