[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Problem with SERIALIZABLE Isolation Level

andre.rigon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 5 15:53:02 EST 2008

Hello guys,

I'm using JBossCache 1.4.1.SP9.
I need to use SERIALIZABLE isolation level in my application.
I did the following test:

1) started one jboss instance and at some point did:

  | TreeCache cache = cacheManagerImpl.getCache();
  | cache.put("1", "1", "test");
  | cache.getTransactionManager().begin();
  | cache.put("1", "1", "test2");

and never call commit.

in other jboss instance, I did:

  | TreeCache cache = cacheManagerImpl.getCache();
  | cache.getTransactionManager().begin();
  | @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
  | T returnString = (T) cache.get("1", "1");
  | cache.getTransactionManager().commit();
  | return returnString;

So, I was expecting a failure, because the isolation level is SERIALIZABLE, and I didnt make a commit in the first jboss instance.

But the second code block succeed with no error.
If a had inserted a cache.put(..)  in the second block, it would fail.

Are my expects corrects? Or I misunderstanding something?

thanks in advance,

andre

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187106#4187106

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187106