[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Comparison to ActiveMQ

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 6 04:21:58 EST 2008

anonymous wrote : If there's not already in JIRA, shall I go ahead and create one for this?

feel free, but like I say we can't make promises what gets added to releases.

anonymous wrote : Details, please. A management API so that all subsequent calls to createQueue/createTopic result in actual queue/topic creation? Or a management API that allows us to create destinations if the lookup fails? What's the API?

If you're talking about JBM 1.4 then take a look at the user doc, it describes all the operations available on the JBM mbeans, i.e. queue/topics etc. ( http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.4.1.Beta1/html/index.html ) . If you're talking about JBM 2.0 this is still in development. As theres only an alpha release the best thing to do is to check the code out and take a look at the org.jboss.messaging.core.management packages.

anonymous wrote : Does this apply to topics as well (and can both destination types be bound to the same address)?

In JBM 2.0 JMS is only a thin client abstraction. At a core level there is only queues. A topic would be an address with multiple queue where each queue has a single consumer. so yes, it can be applied to topics as well.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187228#4187228

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187228