[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Running Jboss As Windows Service

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 6 07:09:10 EST 2008

"jaikiran" wrote : going by the JIRA comments (readme), it looks like only the 32 bit version is by default packaged with the JBoss-AS

The readme part in the JIRA actually confused me:

anonymous wrote : With a note on the header of README-service.txt:
  | README-service.txt, service.bat and jbosssvc.exe are part of the
  | 'JBoss Native Win32' distribution. They are included here to allow
  | JBossAS run as a Service in Windows environments.
  |
  | The version used is 'JBoss Native 2.0.6 Win32'

However, it looks like care has been taken to make the service work on even 64 bit systems :-) A comment from the same JIRA:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187318#4187318

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187318