[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JConsole / jmxremote connection problems

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 6 16:28:59 EST 2008

There does appear to be some kind of bug here. I can connect JConsole using localhost and port 12345, but cannot connect remotely. I have tried using both Windows and Linux to run JBossAS, and to run JConsole. I even tried with the JDK 1.5 JConsole. Still no luck. I know this was working before because I gave a talk on this at a conference and I had it working between Linux and Windows, and I specifically recall reconfiguring iptables to open the ports.

In addition I noticed, using some Windows tools, that JConsole is successfully connecting to the port, but then something goes wrong. I am guessing some security or access control issue. Googling hasn't helped so far - all of the posts I have seen fall into one of two categories: 1) "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false" is missing 2) all of the sys props are set, but there is no reply to the post

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187540#4187540

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187540