[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: question about JobExecutor and Threads

lblaauw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 7 07:13:02 EST 2008

Well,

Here is one usecase we are currently facing. We have lots and lots of timers spread around over many processinstances. The timers are pretty much only expring once every few months so are long outstanding timers.
We started of with EJB timers untill recently i discovered exactly this, that they are instantiating one thread per timer/job. In my specific scenario I am also currently investigating not using EJB timers as the jobScheduler because this causes way to much threads open in the application server and eventually performance will decrease dramatically dependant upon the resources of the machine...

Not really sure wich route we will take though...

As allways any ideas appreciated ;-)

Regards,
leo

"kukeltje" wrote : I miss your point...