[jboss-user] [Remoting] - How to classify instances of InvokerCallbackHandler ?

DanielTravin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 8 12:49:27 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have a server that pushes data to clients. Data could be classified by events and data about different events come randomly to server from the 3rd source. Client connects to server and says "I want updates for data about event=N"
When data for event N arrives, server does iteration through all callback handlers, selects those that want to be notified about event N and invokes handleCallback on them.

My question is what API to use when client is saying "I am intrested in event N" ?

My suggestion is to put value into the metadata map when client calls
Client#addListener(...)
and get this value on the server side in ServerInvoker#handleInternalInvocation(...). In this case extension for class ServerInvoker is needed.

Why there is no out of the box solution for this ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187912#4187912

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187912