[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Visual Editor: Problem with stylesheet path and multiple vie

asgeirf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 9 21:36:18 EST 2008

Hi folks,

I have a Seam-gen project with the following structure:

view/stylesheet/theme.css
  | view/layout/template.xhtml
  |
  | view/home.xhtml (uses template.xhtml)
  | view/admin/home.xhtml (uses template.xhtml)

The template references the stylesheet as follows:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="#{request.contextPath}/stylesheet/theme.css"/>

This works well at runtime, but not within the Visual Editor, which doesn't pick up the stylesheet. Giving the href a relative location like './stylesheet/theme.css' works well for views within the root 'view' folder, but not for views within sub-folders.

My current workaround is to add the relative path to the stylesheet within the template.

<!-- This href enables pages in first-level sub-folders to access the css -->
  | <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../stylesheet/theme.css"/>
  |
  | <!-- This href enables root folders to access the css -->
  | <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./stylesheet/theme.css"/>

My question is: Is there any way to avoid such a 'hack' to enable the visual editor to view styled pages within sub-folders. Is there any way to e.g. specify the absolute location of the stylesheet/template?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187984#4187984

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187984