[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Using proxy for localhost

mproch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 10 07:03:11 EST 2008

Hello,
I have a question about http proxies with jboss remoting.
I am enabling http proxy (running on my localhost) by setting system properties:

  | -DproxySet=true -Dhttp.proxyHost=localhost -Dhttp.proxyPort=8081

It works fine, unless I want to access localhost/127.0.0.1 - then the proxy is not used.

  | 	InvokerLocator clientLocator = new InvokerLocator("http://<host>:8080/sth");
  | 		Client client = new Client(clientLocator);
  | 		client.connect();
  | 		client.invoke("stupidTestString");

When I replace 'host' with 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' - the proxy is not used. If I replace it with 'ws' - which has entry in my etc/hosts file pointing to 127.0.0.1 - the proxy is used...

Is it desired behaviour - and if so, can I change it (i.e. so that connection to 'localhost' uses proxy)?

thx

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188088#4188088

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188088