[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Cannot start Jboss

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 10 16:31:14 EST 2008

Your description of what happens when you run telnet tells me that the port (8080) is open and JBossAS is listening to it.

I can think of only two things that could possibly be wrong.

1) Are you running your browser on the same system that is running JBossAS, and are you using the exact url: "http://localhost:8080"?

2) Have you "locked" the command prompt window by accidentally selecting some text in the window? As long as the text is selected, any attempt by an application to write to stdout will cause the application to hang until the text is unselected.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188280#4188280

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188280