[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - ORA-02396: exceeded maximum idle time, please connect again.

ejsdeveloper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 10 18:31:58 EST 2008

When the application is idle for several hours, the next request throws the following error: ORA-02396: exceeded maximum idle time, please connect again.

The DBAs state that there is no idle timeout on the database.

I'm using JBoss 4.0.1 and jdbc:oracle:thin.

I set the local-tx-datasource to <idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>, but the app is still getting the idle time error.  I have to restart JBoss for the app to start working again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188303#4188303

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188303