[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Session Attributes in Layout

thinwath do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 11 09:13:43 EST 2008

Hi there,

I'm setting some HttpSession Attributes in my portlets, that works fine. But there is a problem, i cannot figure out, what I'm doing wrong:

I want to display some of the HttpSession attributes in my layout.

a simple
<% session.getAttribute("param") %>
results in null.

If I print out the session id (portlet and layout page) both ids are equal. Isn't it possible to get the session attributes at the Layout layer?

I'm setting the session attributes like this
(RenderRequest) request.getPortletSession().setAttribute("param", "param, PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE)

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks and regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188465#4188465

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188465