[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Permanent POJOs?

Kevin.Conner@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 13 06:46:25 EST 2008

I should clarify my last statement.

OSGi have a service called the URL Handlers service and it is responsible for providing a mediation layer between the JDK classes and any dynamic handlers which may be registered.

The service handles two aspects, IIRC, the URLStreamHandlers used through URL and the ContentHandlers used through URLConnection.  Both of these classes cache any handlers discovered and therefore prevent them from being modified dynamically.

To get around this restriction OSGi will register proxies on behalf of the ContentHandlers and URLStreamHandlers and these proxies are responsible for delegating to the active handlers services or responding with appropriate faults.

I believe this is the issue you are facing, apologies if it is not.

There should be more details in the OSGi specs and I can dig them out if necessary.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189042#4189042

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189042