[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: RMI behind a firewall

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 13 10:25:00 EST 2008

XP as a production server? Probably (hopefully?) not because the Windows XP EULA does not allow it - the EULA permits a maximum of 10 inbound connections. Though I image the are some running on Windows Server 2003/2008.

Regarding the port issue, I think that the RMI port is sort of a centralized control, and when a client connect a custom port for that client is negotiated. (Please take the previous statement with a grain of salt; I am by no means a networking expert and am simply attempting to explain mostly to myself the behavior I have seen.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189114#4189114

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189114