[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: [3.1.4] access to variables somewhat slow

Johan.Parent do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 14 11:24:00 EST 2008

Hi salaboy21,

The process is virtually a hello world process with a single task. The variables we store in the engine are mostly String values. So they are cache-able.

The problem is that I don't see how to do that efficiently. It is the very nature of BPM to be long lived. So the values would have to sit in the cache a long time for this scheme to pay off. Otherwise it would not hide the initial cost of retrieving the values the first time. But maybe I view this from a the wrong stand point.

I was wondering whether 3.x (x>1) has maybe a better way to get to the variable map. That would be a good reason to upgrade.

Johan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189449#4189449

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189449