[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: install x86_64 version via Eclipse Software updates

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 14 18:19:22 EST 2008

>From a Java perspective that should not matter - Java code is Java code - whether built on a 64-bit system or 32-bit system, it is all the same.

However, the 64-bit JVMs do seem to introduce all kinds of issues. Running a 64-bit JVM on 64-bit Vista, I had all kinds of problems with Eclipse 3.3 itself and with JBoss Tools. Eclipse 3.4 seems to be better behaved on 64-bit systems, though tere are still a few quirks. On my 32-bit systems, however, Eclipse 3.3/3.4 and JBoss Tools work just fine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189546#4189546

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189546