[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Exception propagation using servlet transport

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 15 01:53:47 EST 2008

Good catch with web.xml - I forgot about that one.  I don't see anything wrong with your configuration.

Hmm.  Something should have changed, since there should be a proper EJB3 Connector where there wasn't one before.  I gather that your test program is

  | public void testRemoteBean() throws Exception {
  |         InitialContext ctx = null;
  |         EmarVersion versionBean = null;
  |         try {
  |             Properties env = new Properties();
  |             env.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
  | "org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory");
  |             env.put("java.naming.provider.url",
  | "http://localhost:8080/unified-invoker/JNDIFactory/?return-exception=true");
  |             env.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs",
  | "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  |
  |             ctx = new InitialContext(env);
  |             versionBean = (EmarVersion) ctx.lookup("ejb/remote/EmarVersion-http");
  |
  |             String allReleaseNotes = versionBean.getAllReleaseNotes(false);
  |             System.out.println(allReleaseNotes);
  |         } catch (Exception e) {
  |             e.printStackTrace();
  |         }
  |     }

So, the exception is coming from

  | String allReleaseNotes = versionBean.getAllReleaseNotes(false);

right?  I mean, the JNDI lookup is returning a proxy?

What I'm getting at is, are you really connecting to the correct Remoting Connector?  Can we verify that the EmarVersion EJB3 is receiving the invocation?

If so, then what's inside the UndeclaredThrowableException?  If the problem is just a matter of not properly configuring the exception throwing behavior, then I would expect to see a WebServerError with the error message in the exception thrown by the EmarVersion invocation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189568#4189568

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189568