[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Cant figure why I cant run this example

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 17 04:22:25 EST 2008

"RVince99" wrote : I am using the default installation for mysql, root/root on localhost.

By default, the password is empty of a "root" user on MySQL http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/default-privileges.html

anonymous wrote : Accounts with the username root are created. These are superuser accounts that can do anything. The initial root account passwords are empty, so anyone can connect to the MySQL server as root — without a password

So change you datasource to pass an empty password:

  | <user-name>root</user-name>
  |     <password></password>
Based on my previous experience with this, i think even this won't work probably because of the way "empty" password is handled. In that case, change the password of the "root" user on the DB server by following the MySQL documentation. After the password is changed, use that password in the -ds.xml file.

P.S: While posting the logs or code or xml content, remember to wrap it in a code block using the Code button in the message editor window and please hit the Preview button to make sure your post is correctly formatted

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189728#4189728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189728