[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: PHP on TOMCAT

bmurphy77@mindspring.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 18 11:11:32 EST 2008

The above link is accessible, apologies for that, i'll try and drop in that version.

As a bit more background and for anyone else who wanders down this path, I have an apache ( 2.0.52) / tomcat ( 55sar bundled with jboss AS 4.0..2 ) installation on CENTOS(4.4). PHP (4.* - 5.*, 5-preferable)

I can get my php working as a dso mudule or cgi by dropping it in the httpd document root.

I want it to work like jsp though and am looking to package the php into my web application alongside the jsp as it seems easier to distribute notwithstanding the *.so module  dependancies.

Im finding it a lot of work, enjoyable as it is, and thus far the the only reward. I've come across some other postings which has provided me the evidence that its possible and also implemented it in a windows environment without too much trouble.

Is there a good reason not to do it, excepting dependancy on libphp5servlet.so being available and enabled.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190186#4190186

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190186