[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - TLS extension for hostnames

EricJava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 18 19:42:19 EST 2008

TLS has a cool feature which makes it easy to do virtual hosts, with TLS, all on one IP address.  From: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3546.html

3.1. Server Name Indication

  |    TLS does not provide a mechanism for a client to tell a server the
  |    name of the server it is contacting.  It may be desirable for clients
  |    to provide this information to facilitate secure connections to
  |    servers that host multiple 'virtual' servers at a single underlying
  |    network address.
  |
  |    In order to provide the server name, clients MAY include an extension
  |    of type "server_name" in the (extended) client hello.  The
  |    "extension_data" field of this extension SHALL contain
  |    "ServerNameList" where:

Does JBoss AS support this?  It would be very handy to have multiple virt. hosts on one IP address and let them use their own SSL certs, but I can't figure out a way to configure that within the embedded Tomcat and I don't even know if it supports it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190293#4190293

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190293