[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal 2.7.0 - how to get to PortalNode API?

JohnnyTheHun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 19 12:58:51 EST 2008

I am using 2.7.0 RC1

I would like to:

A) Create a navigational portlet (2.7.0 RC1 had none) that can display the page tree of a specific portal

B) I would like to create pages programmaticly.

My first problem is: I am unable to get to the PortalNode API from a portlet.
- I cannot cast to RenderRequest to JBossRenderRequest
- If my portlet extends JBossPortlet I get an Exception "The request isn't a JBossRenderRequest" telling me to use a JBoss Porlet Filter for every portlet that extends JBossPortlet.

Where should I look for the solution? Is there any way I can access a PortalNode so I can traverse the nodes?

tabs.jsp uses:
PortalNode root = (PortalNode)request.getAttribute("org.jboss.portal.api.PORTAL_NODE");
but I have no such thing in the request.

Thanks in advance,
John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190589#4190589

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190589