[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - unable to handle UNICODE page names

JohnnyTheHun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 20 09:25:58 EST 2008

I am using Portal 2.7.0. RC1 with MySql 5.X. The jbp_object_node table collation is utf8_hungarian_ci

I was able to create pages with Unicode chars, for example with the character: ő

But JBoss Portal admin cannot rename, nor delete the page with the above mentioned char. It throws the exception:

  | org.jboss.portal.core.model.portal.NoSuchPortalObjectException: Child őűáéíó of /MyPortal/harmadik does not exist

My users will definitly create pages with hungarian unicode chars, so I need to resolve this issue.

Could you help me?

Other:
I checked, and the default theme, admin page layout has no
 charset set (ex:  charset=iso-8859-2) in the meta http-equiv="Content-Type" tag.
Do I have to modify the source jsp to set the charset?

Thanks in advance,

John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190900#4190900

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190900