[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Can not establish the connection with MSSQL [seam project]

mariuszt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 22 15:51:07 EST 2008

Hello everyone,
I don't have much experiance with jboss... so please be patient :)

I'm trying to deploy seam project.
My seam project depend on MSSQL database, I have used with my project the sqljdbc4.jar driver.
When I'm trying to depoly the project I recieve this warning message:

2008-11-22 20:41:04,283 WARN  [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver.  Please use the JDBC 4 driver (sqljdbc4.jar) instead.)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:190)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:619)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:264)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:575)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:347)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:330)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:402)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:849)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:89)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:47)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:84)

And I can not establish the connection.
JBoss version: jboss-4.2.3.GA
Java version: jdk1.6.0_10

I was trying to run JBoss in JRE 5 environment but I recived a long list of exception.

Do You have any idea?

I should try to run jboss on JRE 5 enviorment?

Is JDBC driver for MSSQL database compatible with JRE 6? I found some information that it is compatible with JRE 1.4 and higher...

Can You give me some advice?

Regards
Mariusz

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191499#4191499