[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: variable scope from a script

tbeernot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 23 01:15:49 EST 2008

"kukeltje" wrote : which userguide? Can you give me the url you used or tell me whether it is the one that comes with the 'suite'

It is the one that comes with the suite, but it's also the online version.
http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3.2/userguide/html_single/
Paragraph 11.1.

However, I do see a difference now, 11.1 says:

The most basic operations are

  | void ContextInstance.setVariable(String variableName, Object value);
  | void ContextInstance.setVariable(String variableName, Object value, Token token);
  | Object ContextInstance.getVariable(String variableName);
  | Object ContextInstance.getVariable(String variableName, Token token);

And the script documentation says:

Also the following script-variables will be available :

  | executionContext
  | token
  | node
  | task
  | taskInstance

So there is a ContextInstance and an ExecutionContext, that got me confused. What is this ContextInstance if not an ExecutionContext? Anyhow, I see the methods are statics on the ContextInstance, so this should work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191520#4191520

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191520