[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Migrate web application from Weblogic to JBoss

splram do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 00:52:36 EST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to migrate one web application currently running on Weblogic 8.1 application server.

The JSP content is separated from WAR and is placed at a specific folder location. Weblogic provides a feature called virtual-directory-mapping using which we can place the JSP content outside the WAR.
For example: In weblogic.xml i can define a virtual directory mapping as
<virtual-directory-mapping>
    <local-path>c:/content/test-app</local-path>
    <url-pattern>/pages/*</url-pattern>
    <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
</virtual-directory-mapping>

The above definition in weblogic.xml will enable all JSPs under /pages are served from c:/content/test-app/pages folder. All redirects/ forwards will pickup the JSPs from the configured folder.

I know this feature is a weblogic specific feature, and in Tomcat (assuming tomcat is the web server for Jboss) I tried achieving the same by configuring ajp13 connector to interface Apache webserver with Tomcat. I could successfully configure JSPs to be served from outside the WAR however if the same JSPs are forwarded by some controller I am getting a 404.

The reason for getting 404 is, i configured *.jsp pattern in apache's httpd.conf file to be served by Tomcat, but as these configurations are at apache level whenever i forward to any of these JSPs from controller Tomcat does not know that the JSPs need to be served via Apache so therefore it throws a 404 error.

Is there anyway to route the forwards through Apache from tomcat?

Thanks in advance.
Rammohan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191590#4191590

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191590