[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Confusion between JBossweb.deployer and JBossweb.sar

ptemmerman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 03:04:49 EST 2008

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.
It's already a bit clearer to me.
Although I'm not sure whether these new locations make better sense. As you said, the JBoss Web service is used to serve servlets and the jbossweb.deployer is used to deploy .war files. Now, the best way of deploying servlets is by using war files. And this is where things get confusing with the current file layout.
Although, it might just be me as well :-) Maybe after I finish the book, this isn't a point for me anymore.

Congrats on the book by the way. As for now I like it.
Although, if I can give hint for the next revision. I think it would be a good idea to backup the nice explanation of how JBoss works with some exercises. Maybe having some todos at the end of each chapter will help to actually force you to apply what you just have read.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191617#4191617

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191617