[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: BeanMetaData and management

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 04:00:56 EST 2008

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | I've attempted to add @JMX annotations, but got either a mixture of "nothing" or "already installed" errors.

This should work.
I don't see how you can get "nothing".
Or what are the exact "already installed" errors?
As mbean's ObjectName is derived from bean name,
hence it should be unique if your bean name is unique.

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | I also tried to gain a clue about Scott's @ManagementObject/ManagedObject stuff, but also never got anything visible in the jmx-console.

Currently you only get this visibility in ProfileService (PS).
Then some admin console needs to use PS to show content.

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | Should I be looking for some other console (JOPR-embedded?), or is there some way to wire things up to automatically appear in JMX consoles?

Yes, jopr/embedded is probably the only admin console that somehow knows PS,
but even this is not yet fully implemented.
We still have some issues in Managed/Metatype MC sub-project,
PS attachment/MO serialization and jopr/embedded generic plugins.

I would look into why @JMX doesn't work for you,
as that's the easiest way to wire things up.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191624#4191624

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191624