[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Strange invalidation

dancantong do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 04:23:39 EST 2008

But there's still something that I can't understand.
You say the purpose of invalidation is to flush out stale data in a clustered cache. That means that if you modify a node that is cached in a cache instance in the cluster, it sends an invalidation message to the rest of nodes with the same FQN in the cluster. But this does not make sense as it is not possible to have two nodes with the same FQN at the same time in a cluster configured with invalidation policy.
I can't figure out what invalidation is used for, as I think it will make the cache useless as it will invalidate the nodes continoulsy in most scenaries. Think for example in the scenarie I was talking about (a load balancer that redirects requests to different server instances, each one having a cache instance, with the same data being requested repeatedly). In this case the requested data will be put in both cache instances and will be invalidated repeatedly, so the cache will not have any effectiveness.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191631#4191631

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191631