[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: BeanMetaData and management

bob.mcwhirter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 08:56:04 EST 2008

Thanks for the response Ales--

So, my "nothing" result was me applying @JMX to the wrong class, one not instantiated by MC.

My "already installed" error occurs when I get the @JMX annotation on the correct class, but give my object a bogus MC bean name (in this case "jboss.rails:name=oddthesis").

The error I was getting is here, in case you're interested.  "Already installed" was somewhat confusing of an error to get.

http://oddthesis.pastebin.com/f46537bdf

I was expecting to find a JMX object named "jboss.rails:name=oddthesis"

Once I named it more simply "jboss.rails.oddthesis" (using unit.getSimpleName(), if that's recommended?), it deployed just fine, and I can find my mbean under "jboss.pojo" domain successfully.

I see I can set the 'name' parameter on @JMX, but is there another way to dynamically set the JMX object-name (to include some bit of unit.getSimpleName() perhaps) like I think the @ManagementObjectID annotation supports on that side of things?  Ultimately, I think I'd like to end up with "jboss.rails:name=#{unit.getSimpleName()}" or similar.

Or should I give up, admit JMX is dead, and move on?

Thanks!

Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191752#4191752

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191752